Monday, November 14, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (17)

Happy Tuesday everyone! This week's teasers come once again from Jeanne Kalogridis's The Scarlet Contessa, a historical drama set in the Borgias era of Italy.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teasers:

"When she finally composed herself, she said darkly, 'I will do what I must. But he has nothing but contempt for me, and I only hatred for him. I will bear him children--for my purposes, not his." (154)

--The Scarlet Contessa by Jeanne Kalogridis



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Sounds good! :)

Anonymous said...

Here’s my Teaser Tuesday post. :)

Marcie said...

I'm loving these teasers for The Scarlet Contessa. Sounds like a woman not to be messed with. Thanks for sharing. Here's my TT: http://www.2readornot2read.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-november-15-2011.html

Rachel said...

Diary: It is pretty good so far! :)

Marcie: For living in Renaissance Italy, she is totally badass. xD

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rachel! Marriage of convenience. Mutual loathing. This book sounds like it might have plenty of fireworks : )

New follower~

Stephanie ~Misfit Salon~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails