Thursday, October 6, 2011

Book Blogger Hop (17) + Follow Friday

It's finally the weekend, which means time for another hop! Hosted by the lovely Crazy-For-Books.

Book Blogger Hop

In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read!

"It’s time to spread some love beyond the borders of the Book Blogger Hop! This week, we aren’t answering a question. We are spotlighting our fellow bloggers. Find your favorite(s) author interview(s), guest post(s), book review(s), or bookish article(s) that ANOTHER BOOK BLOGGER featured on their site recently and tell us why you love it/them! As an additional challenge, find your favorite one of EACH of the categories above and spotlight all 4 (interview, guest post, review, article)."

Ooh, a challenge indeed!

Bookish Article: Shakespeare Fiction by Arleigh @ Historical-Fiction.com

-Why? Super interesting article on the conspiracy theories surrounding Shakespeare, which are becoming a hot topic in the literary world. Arleigh also gives her recommendations on Shakespeare biographies, and favorite re-tellings of his work.

Guest Post: Bookie Brunch: Favourite Classic Novels by Irena @This Miss Loves to Read and guests.

-Why? I love to read anything Irena writes! We share a love for a lot of the same classic novels, so it was interesting to see how her favorites compared to her other guest bloggers.





If you could pick one character in a book, movie or television show to swap places with, who would it be?


It would definitely be Gwynivere from the novel Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell. Actually, I would swap places with Guinevere in any of the Arthurian retellings. She is by far my favorite literary heroine of all time. I love her strength, and at the same time, her vulnerability. Plus, she gets Lancelot. ;)

-To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
-(Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
-(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers - Jagged Edge Reviews
-Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
-Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
-Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
-If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
-If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Happy Friday!



17 comments:

TheReadingPenguin said...

I haven't read that particular book, but I share your love of Arhurian legends.

New follower!

http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/10/following-friday-7.html

Grace Fonseca said...

Oh I like Arthurian tales as well. Haven't read any in a really long time. Come check out what I picked for my Thurs/Friday answer as well.

Unknown said...

hop hop hop! new follower here!
See my Follow Friday Post.
Happy Friday!

Rachel said...

Oooh, I love Arthurian anything too! :) And I definitely understand the interest in Guinevere, just her name is cool. Lol.

Hopping through and new follower! Be sure to visit back and check out my Halloween giveaway!

-Rachel
Paper Cuts

MeikkiBeibi said...

Good choice! I love her character. :)

New Follower. Here is my Friday! Have a great weekend!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I've never heard of Song of the Sparrow. I should look it up. Gwynivere is such a pretty name.
My Hop

Rachel said...

fairypenguin: I'm so glad you love the legends too! Thanks for following. :)

Grace: You should read them again, they are so wonderful. :)

Fairytale: Thank you for following! :D

Rachel: Another Rachel and an Arthur lover??! Awesome!! :D I love the name Guinevere too. If I ever have a daughter, that name would definitely be in my top 3.

Niina: I agree, her character was very well written. :)

Alison: You have to look it up, it is Amazing! :)

Imo said...

I've never read Song of the Sparrow before, i tend to avoid Arthurian retellings because i know the ending (plus i feel bad for Arthur)
Maybe i'll take a look at it :D
Have an awesome weekend, and stop by if you can!

Lan said...

I haven't heard of this book in particular either! I'm with Imo on this one. Somehow I always feel bad for Arthur as well.

New follower. My FF post: The Write Obsession

Unknown said...

Hopping through. Sounds like a great pick. I love the Arthurian legends/retellings too.
New Follower.
Cana
http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com

Tia said...

I also love Arthurian retellings they never get old!

My Follow Friday!

Kathy Habel said...

Old follower just stopping by to say hi :) I Am A Reader, Not A Writer

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

love all the historical books on your blog! i'm a new follower!

Unknown said...

Lancelot, sigh, the original swoony hero (except maybe in Monty Python's Holy Grail?) Not heard of Song of the Sparrow but will be checking it out!

I picked Veronica Hobbs from the Newbury and Hobbs series by George Mann, awesome steampunking adventure! And there's something about Sir Maurice that's just broodingly yummy!

New follower hopping through: http://booksforone.blogspot.com/

Shannon (Giraffe Days) said...

Hi, visiting from the Hop!

I loved Song of the Sparrow, such a great book!

Maria Behar said...

Hi, Rachel! 'Old' follower here! I LOVE your answers to both hop questions!! I'll be checking out the blogs you've mentioned. As for Gwynivere, I, too, find her to be a fascinating character. Very interesting choice!

Here's my Book Blogger Hop post. (I didn't participate in the FF Hop this week.)

http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/book-blogger-hop-7-10711-101011.html

Have a GREAT weekend!! : )

Rachel said...

Imo: I can see where you're coming from, it is a bit sad for Arthur. :( But it is an extremely well-written book.

Lan: Thanks so much for following! :)

Cana Elene: One of my favorite genres. :) Thanks for the follow!

Tia: I completely agree! :D

Kathy: Thanks for the hello! :)

Carrie: Thanks so much for the kind words! :) And for following!

Holly: Ah, yes, Lancelot. ;) It's a really fantastic book.

Shannon: I'm glad you loved SotS as much as I did! :)

Maria: Thank you so much! :) I appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails